Saturday, February 14, 2015

February 14, 2015 Quiet Time



February 14, 2015 Quiet Time
Ezra 9:6-10:5
Once the Jews returned to their homeland, they settled down to business as usual. In establishing this normalcy of life, they began to intermarry among the surrounding the nations and among foreigners who had repopulated the land during their seventy year absence. The problem was that these people did not share their love for and commitment to Yahweh.
Ezra was in great distress concerning this development; so much so that he tore his garments and pulled out his own hair. Then he began to pray confessing the sin of the people as though it were his own sin.  This action resulted in the people confessing their sin of disloyalty to Yahweh and renewing their commitment to follow Him alone.  It was note in Ezra 10:2 that “there was hope for Israel in spite of this” (ESV), and there was.   Acts of setting this right before Yahweh were taken and the people once again began to seek His full blessing. 
I think there is a vital prayer principle included in this little scenario – that is in interceding for others whether they are in distress or sin, I must entreat the Lord with same intensity that I would were it my sin or my pain.
What can I learn about God:  God hears.  God is a God of compassion but His compassion is driven by His holiness.
What is my response:  To pray for the needs of others with the same intensity that I pray for my own.

#prayerforothers #intercession

No comments:

Post a Comment