Saturday, February 21, 2015

Job Blesses God



Quiet Time
February 21, 2015
Job 1:20-22
Job’s prayer of absolute surrender and praise is phenomenal in light of his overwhelming personal losses. At the time of his prayer, Job has essentially lost everything materially and everyone save his wife and the clothes on his back. In the face of such enormous loss, he prayed to the LORD. I find it amazing that he uses the personal name of God here. Job had a personal relationship with Yahweh! In his prayer, Job acknowledged that all he had been given came from the LORD and then he blessed the name of the LORD. The author further states that Job never blamed God despite all that had happened.
Loss is gut-wrenching – that’s the best expression I can find. Having lost both parents as an only child I can attest to that. Although I was an adult, we were extremely close. Coupled with that loss was the loss of mobility that I experienced.  Because of a neurological condition my driving is limited.  There are days of pain, and those are some of the times I miss my Mom and Dad the most.  I say this not to complain or to elicit sympathy but rather to say over the course of it all, I have been enfolded in His embrace and into a closer walk with the LORD – my personal God and Savior. I am loved by Him. It is only in Him and in sweet surrender to Him that we find peace.
About God – He is in control and seeks to be glorified in gain and in loss.  This may seemed calloused and capricious, but He is our creator and the initiator of our salvation.  He is to blessed and glorified regardless of our circumstances.
About me: God calls to trust and glorify Him in times of blessing and in times of loss.
#loss  #surrender #prayerpraises  #prayer as surrender.

No comments:

Post a Comment