Monday, July 30, 2012


This is The Day

This was a tough day. I don’t know why; I just wanted to cry a lot of the time. I had wanted to organize   my books by genre and author so they would be more usable in future semesters.  That project had been on the table for the first week of the summer before everything happened, and I thing finally getting around to it just flooded my mind with memories.  The tears finally came when I got in my vehicle to leave.  I waited until they subsided, because tears and texting are to inimical to driving,

My Bible study paralleled Romans 8 and it was suggested that I write it as though God were writing it to me, so here goes

                                Romans 8:28 I will cause all things to work for your good so that your life is masterpiece that glorifies me

                                Romans8:29 I will make you look like my Son, Jesus (in character) … that’s why I created you

                                Romans 8:33I will not entertain charges against you in the high court of Heaven …Jesus is there praying and pleading on your behalf

                                Romans 8:30 I called you … I will keep calling you … I will not leave you… I will n (ot let you drift so that you are lost forever …I will draw you back … I know your heart

                                Romans 8:38-39 I will keep you  …nothing will separate you from  me

Sometimes in the milieu of life we feel forsaken or forgotten by God.  The words of a Gospel song have resonated with me. I heard it sung years ago by a lady who was in a hard trial herself:

                                  “I will trust when I cannot see … when I’m faced with adversity

                                    And believe God’s way is always best for me. I will trust when I cannot see”

                                                                                                                                           (John W. Peterson)

No comments:

Post a Comment