Sunday, July 29, 2012



July 29, 2012
Jesus Cares
We had a good service at church this morning.  Pastor spoke of the demoniac of Gadara from Mark 5. One man longing to be released from 2,000 demons that had bound him for who knows how long … then Jesus came …
                   From home and friends the evil spirits drove him,
                   Among the tombs he dwelt in misery;
                  He cut himself as demon powers possessed him,
                  Then Jesus came and set the captive free.
                  Chorus
                 When Jesus comes, the tempter's power is broken;
                 When Jesus comes, the tears are wiped away, (they will be some day)
                 He takes the gloom and fills the life with glory,
                 For all is changed when Jesus comes to stay.  (Oswald Smith)
From this narrative portion, we learn that Jesus cares. He seeks to reach the hurting and longing heart.  These two past months and a half have been tough.  Not only have I been faced with loss of my dad and I admit that I have grieved rather intensely, but I have battled the ongoing physical issues that I have known for several years. I know from reading on Facebook others walk deeper and darker valleys than I am walking, but sometimes when I am in the midst of a trial it’s easy to get tunnel vision.  I was good to be reminded this morning that Jesus cares. No valley is too deep or too dark.  I want to encourage my fellow travelers that Jesus does care.  To do that, I will include the words the song Pastor read this morning. I heard them for the first time as Bible college student and later requested that the gospel song which they comprise be sung at my grandfather’s funeral. During these the past few months, the Lord has brought to mind several times.
                                                Does Jesus care when my heart is pained
                                                 Too deeply for mirth or song,
                                                As the burdens press, and the cares distress,
                                                And the way grows weary and long                                 
Does Jesus care when my way is dark
With a nameless dread and fear?
As the daylight fades into deep night shades,
Does He care enough to be near
Does Jesus care when I’ve tried and failed
To resist some temptation strong;
When for my deep grief there is no relief,
Though my tears flow all the night long?
Does Jesus care when I’ve said “goodbye”
To the dearest on earth to me,
And my sad heart aches till it nearly breaks—
Is it aught to Him? Does He see?

Refrain:
Oh, yes, He cares, I know He cares,
His heart is touched with my grief;
When the days are weary, the long nights dreary,                                                                                                                  I know my Savior cares. (by Frank E. Graeff 1901)
 





                

                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment