Tuesday, August 21, 2012

August 21, 2012 ...


                                        My devotional thoughts were directed to Psalm 42 this morning, and the questions were pointed.  “Why ARE you cast down oh my soul?”  and the directive to hope in God , given twice.  In the middle of the Psalmist reminds himself of the love Yahweh …the one who keeps covenants:  giving love by day and songs by night.  No matter how much I hurt … no matter how messy I feel like this is… no matter how much I still miss my parents even at my age, Jesus is here.  I think that may be one implication of deep calling to deep … when we think we’re drowning in grief and sadness, God is deeper and He is there to catch us … “deep calls to deep” (vs. 7).  As an unknown author said, “there is no pit so deep, but God is not deeper still.”  And maybe it’s time I asked the Father to sing me a song or two.  I hear He has  a lovely voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment