Wednesday, August 1, 2012

August 1, 2011


August 1, 2012

Sometimes I feel I pass my days in a stupor. I get up, dress, go to work, come home, go to bed, live life between, do whatever, go to bed.  Life goes on.  The Psalms of Ascent have given me a yearning for something more.  I share something with these pilgrims in terms of loss … maybe not in degree, but all loss brings a sense of confusion and abandonment.  In Psalm 126 the pilgrims have shed this utter sense of loss, because Jehovah God has delivered them.  Their weeping has turned to joy.  During this time of, God wants me, above all, to immerse myself in His Word; for that is where my hope is found.

                 Jesus came forth with as the captives’ deliverer’

                  To my grief-stricken heart, he offered peace

                 Now He holds me fast; I stand firm as the mountains;

                 I know in His presence, my heart finds release.

No comments:

Post a Comment